A Rare Glimpse

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The simple things in life

I took a long walk earlier this evening and it was such an enjoyable experience! I love going for walks in Kingston because there's always so much to see: sailboats drifting by on Lake Ontario; guys on sea-doos; young guys fishing; people relaxing on restaurant patios; my infamous landlady heading into Subway; seniors racing miniature sailboats (which they may have built themselves) with remote controls; a very cute, wild bunny rabbit munching on weeds off in the bushes; watching the ferries go by; children feeding seagulls and ducks by the boat docks; bird poop everywhere; one giant, white, fluffy cloud in the sky, far away in the distance; hearing the "woooooo" sound of cars going over the "haunted" bridge; seeing sea kayaks and canoes out on the water and making a mental note to go with a friend in the near future; pale blue sky; running into people I know; couples licking White Mountain ice cream on waffle cones; two people practicing scuba diving...so much to appreciate on just a simple walk by myself!

Very satisfying. And now for a cup of tea. :)